Table of Contents
How to Frame Puzzles the right way?
Framing a puzzle is a fantastic way to celebrate your achievement. It’s a creative way to decorate your space, and it keeps your puzzle safe and sound. Plus, it’s a great conversation starter and a constant reminder of the patience and dedication you put into completing it.
Preparing Your Puzzle for Framing
Before you start framing, make sure your puzzle is ready. A flat, clean surface is vital for working on your puzzle, and ensure all pieces are firmly attached. Choose a frame that fits your puzzle size – too big, and your puzzle may shift; too small, and it won’t fit.
Method 1: Framing a Puzzle with Glue
- Choosing the Right Glue: Use a clear puzzle glue for a seamless look, some good option for choosing a puzzle glue:
- Applying Glue to the Puzzle: Spread an even layer of glue across the puzzle’s surface. Be gentle to avoid displacing any pieces.
- Letting the Puzzle Dry: Allow the glue to dry completely, usually taking a few hours.
- Framing the Glued Puzzle: Once dry, place your puzzle in the frame, securing it in place.
Pros and Cons: Gluing provides a permanent solution but can be messy and irreversible.
Tips: Apply glue in a well-ventilated area and use a piece of cardboard under the puzzle for easy cleanup.
Explore our Puzzle collection here
Method 2: Framing a Puzzle Without Glue
- Preparing the Frame and Backing Material: Select a frame with a glass cover and a sturdy backing, some puzzle frame options:
- Transferring the Puzzle Carefully: Lift the puzzle using cardboard or a puzzle mat.
- Securing the Puzzle in the Frame: Place the puzzle between the backing and the glass, ensuring it’s flat and centered.
Pros and Cons: This method is non-destructive, but the puzzle may shift over time.
Tips: Use small pieces of acid-free tape to hold the puzzle in place on the backing.
Choosing the Right Frame
The frame you choose can enhance your puzzle’s beauty. Consider the color and theme of your puzzle when selecting a frame. A simple wooden frame often works well, but don’t be afraid to get creative!
Displaying Your Framed Puzzle
Where you display your framed puzzle can make all the difference. Hang it where it can be appreciated, like a living room or home office. Creating a gallery wall with multiple framed puzzles can be a stunning feature in your home.
Maintenance and Care after framing your puzzle
Keep your framed puzzle looking great by dusting it regularly and keeping it out of direct sunlight, which can fade the colors over time.
Whether you choose to frame your puzzle with glue or opt for a non-glue method, the satisfaction of seeing your completed puzzle on display is incomparable. Both methods have their charms, and “how to frame puzzles” shouldn’t be a puzzle itself! So go ahead, frame your achievements and enjoy your art.